Frazer-Nash has been providing excellent service to the rail industry for over two decades. Across Australia and the UK, our rail engineers are renowned for bringing clarity to projects and operational situations where challenges are faced. We take a whole systems approach and apply the best practice from other industries to the rail sector.
Accreditations and membership
We are accredited by the UK's Network Rail as an Independent Safety Assessor (ISA) and RISQS approved in more than 40 categories. We have supported the RSSB, the UK based centre for railway safety, and the RISSB in Australia. A number of our staff are members of the Institution of Railway Signal Engineers demonstrating the extensive range of our capabilities in the sector. Our work on whole-system reliability for RSSB, looking at rolling stock, infrastructure and operations, was referenced by the McNulty Report in the UK.
In Australia we have provided systems engineering and systems assurance support to the Melbourne Regional Rail Link Programme – the first major new Rail Line for Melbourne in 80 years. Clients approach us knowing our rail engineering knowledge and techniques will cut project risk, improve performance and ensure that operational costs are aligned throughout the project life cycle.
Our skills and services
- Systems engineering (requirements, compliance)
- Safety engineering
- Supportability engineering
- Reliability, availability and maintainability
- Environmental engineering
- Structural design and analysis (crashworthiness)
- Mechanical systems design and analysis
- Electrical systems design and analysis
- Electrification control to IEC 61850
- Concept design and innovation
- Engineering project management
- Vehicle aerodynamics, fire and smoke analysis
- Maintenance planning and optimisation (depot analysis)
- Whole life costing
- Technical and safety auditing (ISA)
- Risk management
- Analytical software development