With more than three decades of experience in the nuclear industry, Frazer-Nash provides complete life cycle support to organisations across the sector. We bring our analytical skills to support the groundbreaking area of nuclear fusion, including experience of working on the €10 billion ITER project.
Advanced capability for fusion projects
We support clients on nuclear fusion projects from concept to delivery, using our wide-ranging nuclear and technical capability. Our experience of designing for challenging environments, and working with nuclear safety-critical components, adds real value to any fusion power project. We are intimately aware of the specific safety and quality requirements of the nuclear industry, and ensure our clients meet all safety and environmental regulations. Our SQEP engineers are experts in advanced design and analysis techniques for structural and thermal performance.
Our skills and services
- Structural and thermal analysis
- CAD and design optimisation
- Design Code Assessment – ASME, PD5500, RCC-M
- High temperature creep
- Environmental modelling
- Safety Case management, authorship and verification
- ALARP assessment
- International regulatory requirements
- National licensing requirements
- Regulatory interface management