We are looking to complement our expert team of innovation consultants, providing guidance and support to the development of exciting new innovations and technology. Our team currently apply their technical knowledge, commercial and entrepreneurial acumen to assess the feasibility of a wide range of innovations, to align the innovation’s potential to its market, and to manage the journey of the innovation on behalf of its funders.
At Frazer-Nash our goal is to apply our engineering and technology experience to support four societal themes:
- Staying secure in a changing world;
- Sustainable mobility;
- Clean, sustainable energy; and
- Smart and affordable infrastructure.
Our projects and clients enable our technical teams to make significant contributions to these societal themes.
We are looking for engineers or scientists with the following strengths:
- Sound first-principles engineering and science knowledge;
- Desire to help innovators to achieve their potential;
- Passion to apply and expand your knowledge of leading-edge technologies;
- Demonstrable Defence experience in the communications, maritime, aviation, land or combat systems domains;
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and business acumen.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and leadership;
- Knowledge and experience in the application of systems engineering in the Defence domain;
- Ability to transfer knowledge across industries.
We require the following essential requirements for this role:
- Possess a 4-year Bachelor Degree in engineering or science and is capable of becoming (or is) a member of the associated professional body;
- Resides or willing to reside in Canberra;
- Willing to travel interstate as required (subject to prevailing COVID-19 restrictions)
- Is an Australian citizen and capable of obtaining (or has) an Australian Security Clearance of Negative Vetting - Level 1 (NV1).
- Previous experience in a Consulting environment;
- Knowledge of Defence procurement; and
- Ability to translate system engineering practices from one industry to another.